To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew@ca.afilias.info>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:00:51 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Re: a new core command...?

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 11:34:58AM +0200, Werner Staub wrote:
> EPP is strong in terms of executing provisioning requests, but weak
> in terms of managing the result. In the early days, it was justifiable
> to neglect the management bit, but now, after 6 years, we really should
> do something about it.

Well, if someone wants to put together a draft outlining such
changes, I promise to read it (and comment, if I have anything to
say).  It seems to me that this is duplicating functionality already
available elsewhere, though.  I still don't see how a second
protocol, well designed for large result sets, is the wrong way to do
this.  Think UNIX: small tools that do one thing well, chained
together.  Indeed, that's one of the things I like about the desigh
of EPP -- the mappings are more or less independent of one another,
and the core protocol only defines what is needed for mappings.

----
<andrew@ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

Home | Date list | Subject list