To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Eugenio Pinto <eugenio.pinto@fccn.pt>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:52:33 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] a new core command...?

 >Eugenio Pinto wrote:

>As a Provisioning Protocol I'm wondering if it shouldn't be there
>allow us to retrieve all the objects actually provisioned by a repository.
>
>Andrew Sullivan wrote:

>I believe the iris-dreg2 CRISP approach provides what you want.  This
>seems to be a matter of querying, rather than of provisioning.  You can
>find that at http://tools.ietf.org/wg/crisp/draft-ietf-crisp-iris-dreg2

Hi all,

I've already checked this out and I have some doubts I would like you to answer.

If IRIS is specifically designed for querying and if a bulk query would be a real problem for big Registries (like COM/NET) are big Registries implementing IRIS on server side?

Is anyone providing EPP and IRIS implementations to your Registrars/Resellers?

I've seen some interesting implementation extensions to EPP and some aspects of IRIS fits better in the whole variety of Registries then EPP definitions. Wouldn't it be better to provide a provisioning and querying protocol all-in-one to our Registrars, instead of two different API's with different schemas?...

I think so. If you don't, please explain me why.

Best Regards,

Eugenio Pinto
FCCN - DNS.PT

Home | Date list | Subject list