To: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Cc: Ietf-Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, lewis@tislabs.com
From: Dave Crocker <dcrocker@dcrocker.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:20:17 -0800
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Why Interim Meetings?

At 06:04 PM 1/12/2001 -0500, Edward Lewis wrote:
>Do we have volunteers to host the European and Asia/Pacific meetings?

Having one interim IETF working group meeting is a big deal.  Having
multiple, at around the same time, is probably unprecedented.

The fact that IETF working groups are inclusive forces the assumption that
everyone can legitimately consider coming to an interim meeting.  Planning
multiple meetings, for the same time, according to geography, runs counter
to that.

My comments about Asia were based on noting that a number of people said
they would already be in the area.  Hence the suggestion was to have the
meeting near a already-planned event, rather than separately.

>I would also like to request that as part of these meetings, reports of the
>discussions be made available to the mailing list.  Because of the

As an official activity of the IETF, meeting notes are required to be
submitted to the Secretariat.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464

Home | Date list | Subject list