To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, Ietf-Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Richard Shockey <rshockey@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:09:50 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Interim meeting: was RE: Charter last call summary

At 11:02 AM 1/10/2001 -0500, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
>I sent a hosting offer to the list a few minutes before Ed's message was
>sent.  My company's facility is near Washington Dulles airport, has ample
>conference room space, and I can provide a teleconference bridge if needed.
>
><Scott/>

Scott this is a wonderful offer ..or we could do it in a
Herndon/Reston/Dulles VA hotel and NeuLevel [aka NeuStar/Melbourne IT]
would be more that willing to split the costs etc...see if we could get our
participants a conference room rate etc. A airport hotel helps minimize the
travel burden .airport shuttle vs taxi etc.

IMHO once we have consensus on a requirements documents ( and it seems we
are close) this plan makes a great deal of sense since I belive there is
sufficient consensus on moving with all deliberate speed on defining what
the protocol should be and your preliminary work is a excellent first step
in that direction.

I would also suggest {with the consent of our AD} that we schedule a series
of face to face meetings to expedite the process with results and minutes
reported to the list for comment and review. At some point we should
certainly consider a proper European venue in order to  meet face to face
with our CCTLD colleagues who have legitimate input into the process.

I agree that a date the week of 19-23 is good for a first meeting.

Richard Shockey, Senior Technical Industry Liaison
NeuStar Inc.
1120 Vermont Avenue N.W., Suite 550, Washington DC. 20005
Voice: 202.533.2811,  Cell : 314.503.0640,  Fax: 815.333.1237
<mailto: rshockey@ix.netcom.com> or
<mailto: rich.shockey@neustar.com>
<http://www.neustar.com>

Home | Date list | Subject list