To: Ietf-Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:04:42 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Why Interim Meetings?

I believe that this is the consensus on the meetings so far:

1) The requirements will largely be settled by then, so a requirements
discussion would NOT be on the agenda.

2) The discussion of the implementation of the protocol, starting from the
EPP proposal, is to be the primary item on the agenda.  Essentially, a
design meeting.

3) The desire is to get broad input.  A meeting is to be held in Washington
DC between Feb 19 and 22.  Meetings have been discussed in Europe for the
ccTLDs and in Asia/Pacific, possibly representing the ICANN gTLDs.

4) The meetings should be scheduled between Feburary and the March IETF.

Do we have volunteers to host the European and Asia/Pacific meetings?

I would also like to request that as part of these meetings, reports of the
discussions be made available to the mailing list.  Because of the
geographic extent of the meetings, many of the interested parties will not
be able to attend all of them.

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Dilbert is an optimist.

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list