To: Richard Shockey <rshockey@ix.netcom.com>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, Ietf-Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
Cc: tld@aptld.org
From: "J. William Semich" <bill@mail.nic.nu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:00:26 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Interim meeting: was RE: Charter last call summary

At 10:09 PM 1/10/01 -0500, Richard Shockey wrote:
<snip>

>I would also suggest {with the consent of our AD} that we schedule a series
>of face to face meetings to expedite the process with results and minutes
>reported to the list for comment and review. At some point we should
>certainly consider a proper European venue in order to  meet face to face
>with our CCTLD colleagues who have legitimate input into the process.

FYI, there are many ccTLDs not represented (or at least, not participating)
on this list. Apart from Budi in Indonesia, no Asian ccTLDs have had input.
I will try and drum up some interest, but the fact is, many have a
completely different registration process and different registration
requirements from those being discussed here, and I expect they would have
quite a lot to offer once they get involved in the process of developing a
generic registry-registrar protocol standard.

Bill Semich
.NU Domain
and Vice-Chair, APTLD

Bill Semich