To: "J. William Semich" <bill@mail.nic.nu>
Cc: Richard Shockey <rshockey@ix.netcom.com>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, Ietf-Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, tld@aptld.org
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:10:20 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Interim meeting: was RE: Charter last call summary

I have a limited travel budget[1], but during February and March I will be
overseas (relative to the US) for other reasons.

At 12:00 PM -0500 1/11/01, J. William Semich wrote:
>At 10:09 PM 1/10/01 -0500, Richard Shockey wrote:
><snip>
>
>>I would also suggest {with the consent of our AD} that we schedule a series
>>of face to face meetings to expedite the process with results and minutes
>>reported to the list for comment and review. At some point we should
>>certainly consider a proper European venue in order to  meet face to face
>>with our CCTLD colleagues who have legitimate input into the process.

I will be on vacation in Germany, flying into and out of Frankfort (a
change from what I told others).  It is reasonable for me to schedule a
meeting on March 14 (perhaps at DENIC), the day before I return home.
Being vacation, my plans tend to be fluid.

>FYI, there are many ccTLDs not represented (or at least, not participating)
>on this list. Apart from Budi in Indonesia, no Asian ccTLDs have had input.
>I will try and drum up some interest, but the fact is, many have a
>completely different registration process and different registration
>requirements from those being discussed here, and I expect they would have
>quite a lot to offer once they get involved in the process of developing a
>generic registry-registrar protocol standard.

I will be at APRICOT Feb 25-March 2.  I am not sure when I am committed to
agenda items, but a half-day meeting, perhaps sometime on the 27th is
possible.

[1] My employer is not in the business of domain/address registration, ergo
I'm doing this on a very small budget.  I am doing this under the guise of
security research as an extension of work done in DNSSEC.

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Dilbert is an optimist.

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list