To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 06:52:45 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Document Last Call Summary: Resolved Items

On 3 April 2001, Ed Lewis issued a WG last call on this document:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-provreg-grrp-reqs-01.txt

Here's a pointer to the announcement:

http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00004.html

What follows is a high-level summary of discussion during the last call
period for which there seems (based on my observation of the discussions) to
be agreement.  Specific document changes suggested during the last-call
process are described here; I intend to implement these changes prior to
subjecting the document to an IETF-wide last call.  Some of these
discussions _did_ result in some issues for which I'm unsure that we have
consensus, and those issues will be documented in a second summary message.

1. Nameserver MUST HAVE IP
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00015.html

Specific change: 3.4.2-[3]; existing text:
Name servers registered within the registry's authoritative TLDs MUST be
registered with a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address.

will be changed to:
Name servers MUST be registered with valid IPv4 or IPv6 address when a "glue
record" is REQUIRED for domain delegation.

2. Re: Provreg WG Last Call announcement
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00044.html

This was a question that does not require document revision.

3. International Issues @ 3.4.2[6] and 9.
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00051.html

I don't believe that any change is required:
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00069.html

4. Issues on 3.4.5. Object Transfer
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00052.html

New requirement added to section 3.4.5:
The protocol MUST provide services to describe all objects, including
associated objects, that are transferred as a result of an object transfer.

5. Issues on 3.4.9 Object Information Query
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00053.html

New requirement added to section 3.4.9:
The protocol MUST provide services to identify all associated object
references, such as name servers associated with domains (including
delegations and hierarchical relationships) and contacts associated with
domains.  This information MUST be visible if the object associations have
an impact on the success or failure of protocol operations.

6. Re: Provreg WG Last Call (8.4 Data Collection Requirements)
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00074.html

Specific change: 8.4-[1]; existing text:
A generic protocol MUST provide services to identify information whose
disclosure is not strictly required for technical reasons.

will be changed to:
A generic protocol MUST provide services to identify data collection
policies.

Specific change: remove 8.4-[2].

7. 3.4.9 [4]
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00077.html

This was a question that does not require document revision.

8. comments on last draft
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00085.html

Specific change: 1.1; existing text:
Thin Registry: A registry in which some element of the social information...

will be changed to:
Thin Registry: A registry in which all elements of the social information...

9. A Comment on 9. [1] of the requirements document.
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00116.html

Specific change: 9.-[1]; existing text:
[RFC1035] restricts the encoding of Internet host and domain names in the
DNS to a subset of the 7-bit US-ASCII character set.

will be changed to:
[RFC1035] describes Internet host and domain names using characters
traditionally found in a subset of the 7-bit US-ASCII character set.

10. IPv6, was: Nameserver MUST HAVE IP
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-04/msg00133.html

This was a question that does not require document revision.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list