To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 11:24:18 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Issues on 3.4.5. Object Transfer

I have some problems with the implicit transfer of name servers whose domain
names are contained in the zone of the domain being transferred (despite the
fact that I dislike the model). The server should not do any "hidden" things.
It may be unclear to the registrar that it gets other objects. Therefore, the
registry should report what it does at least.

As a consequence, I would like to see the following additions in the protocol:

---8<---
3.4.5[1] ...

The registry MUST report the object identifiers of all objects that are
transferred along with the domain object.

3.4.8[6]

The protocol MUST provide services to determine all objects that would get
implicitly transferred on a transfer of a certain object.
---8<---

regards,

Klaus Malorny

     |       |
     | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                           Technologiepark
                                        Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
     Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
     Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

Home | Date list | Subject list