To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew@ca.afilias.info>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:38:48 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] RFC 3730 (EPP)

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:20:55AM -0700, Owen Borseth wrote:
> OK. Thank you very much. Just to clarify something on my end, in the
> particular case of attempting to remove a status from a domain where
> the domain does exists but the status does not exist for that domain,
> would:
>
>   2303    "Object does not exist"
>   This response code MUST be returned when a server receives a command
>   to query or transform an object that does not exist in the repository.
>
> ever be a proper response code? My assumption is that this response
> code would only be valid if the domain itself did not exist.

I can't see how it could be.  The RFCs (and their replacements -- the
bis docs are wending their way through final publication hurdles at
the IETF, but have been accepted) are pretty clear that a repository
object is one for which there is a mapping.  There is no mapping for
status values.  Status values are applied, instead, to repository
objects.

<andrew@ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf@jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110

Home | Date list | Subject list