To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Owen Borseth" <owen@name.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:47:29 -0700
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RFC 3730 (EPP)

Hello. My name is Owen Borseth and I do work for several ICANN
accredited registrars. I'm trying to get a consensus on what the
proper response code should be from a registry for a particular domain
update command. If this is the improper location to try and get this
information please let me know.

In particular, what should be the proper response code to a domain
update command where the domain itself exists but the item being
updated for the domain does not exist?

The specific incident in question involves removing a status from an
existing domain but where the status itself does not exist for the
domain. For instance, what would be the proper response code if we
attempted to remove the "CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED" status from an
existing domain that did not already have that status? Hopefully this
explanation makes sense.

Any help that can be given as to what the proper response code should
be would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Owen Borseth

Home | Date list | Subject list