To: Andrew Sullivan <andrew@ca.afilias.info>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: James Gould <jgould@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:32:03 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] RFC 3730 (EPP)

We return a 2306 "Parameter value policy error" for this use case, but I can
see how 2303 "Object does not exist" might be considered as long as you
qualified which object does not exist in the error response.

JG

James F. Gould
Principal Software Engineer
VeriSign Information Services
jgould@verisign.com
Direct: 703.948.3271
Mobile: 703.628.7063

21345 Ridgetop Circle
LS2-2-1
Dulles, VA 20166

Notice to Recipient:  This e-mail contains confidential, proprietary and/or
Registry  Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient and, thus
may not be  retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the prior written
consent of  VeriSign Naming and Directory Services.  If you have received
this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original message without making a
copy.  Thank you.

> From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew@ca.afilias.info>
> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:38:48 -0500
> To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
> Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] RFC 3730 (EPP)
>
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:20:55AM -0700, Owen Borseth wrote:
>> OK. Thank you very much. Just to clarify something on my end, in the
>> particular case of attempting to remove a status from a domain where
>> the domain does exists but the status does not exist for that domain,
>> would:
>>
>>   2303    "Object does not exist"
>>   This response code MUST be returned when a server receives a command
>>   to query or transform an object that does not exist in the repository.
>>
>> ever be a proper response code? My assumption is that this response
>> code would only be valid if the domain itself did not exist.
>
> I can't see how it could be.  The RFCs (and their replacements -- the
> bis docs are wending their way through final publication hurdles at
> the IETF, but have been accepted) are pretty clear that a repository
> object is one for which there is a mapping.  There is no mapping for
> status values.  Status values are applied, instead, to repository
> objects.

> --
> Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
> Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
> <andrew@ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
> jabber: ajsaf@jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110

Home | Date list | Subject list