To: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@tucows.com>, "Ietf-Provreg@Cafax. Se" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>
From: "Herbert Vitzthum" <herbert@vitzthum.at>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 21:15:03 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: AW: Domain Name/Whois Data Element and Related Definitions

Dear Ross

I agree with you.
It is not important on whtich Label. The Domain Holder is the Organisation
or Person who is the Owner/User of the Name. XXXX.de, XXXX.CO.UK, the Domain
Holder uses XXXX under .co.uk and XXXX under .de nothing else.

> I'll annotate the next version to include a variant of the above.
> If anyone
> has any suggestions as to what the def'n of a "domain holder"
> should be, or
> rather, where the definition may be materially different from that of SLD
> Holder, please drop me a line. I'll start wordsmithing in the meantime...
>
> -rwr

This is the definition from the nic.at Terms and Conditions

1.3 Domain-holder

Domain-holder means such authorized party (natural person or legal entity)
as is solely entitled to claim use of the domain vis-à-vis nic.at. In the
application form, the holder shall be designated by its full and correct
name and address. By filing the application, the applicant represents that
he is of age and has legal capacity.

http://www.nic.at/english/agbs.html

Best Regards

Herbert