To: dmm@1-4-5.net
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: SHIRASAKI Yasuhiro <yasuhiro@nttv6.jp>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 11:29:45 +0900 (JST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Sense of the WG on DNS discovery

> 1. a "stateless" subset of the current DHCPv6, as specified in
>    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-01.txt
> 2. an extension to the current DHCPv6 that has the ability to
>    multicast the stateless information (that I guess Alain first
>    proposed)

>	(i).	In what way is DHCPv6-lite insufficient?

DHCPv6-lite has no way to inform a DNS recursing server renumbering.
A DHCPv6-lite server could send Reconfigure messages for its clients,
if the server hold a client list, but it's not -lite.

DHCPv6-lite with a multicast extension might help this.

--
SHIRASAKI Yasuhiro @ NTT Communications
t: +81-3-6800-3262, f: +81-3-5365-2990