To: Masataka Ohta <mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp>
Cc: Rob Austein <sra+dnsop@hactrn.net>, dnsop@cafax.se
From: David Meyer <dmm@1-4-5.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:09:57 -0800
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Sense of the WG on DNS discovery

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 06:46:19AM +0900, Masataka Ohta wrote:
>> Rob Austein;
>>
>> >Your friendly neighborhood WG chairs have been watching the ongoing
>> >discussion and trying to see whether we determine the will of the
>> >working group in this matter.
>>
>> Watching? I think you have been actively acting for DHCPv6-Lite.

	I would phrase it somewhat differently.  And what I can
	say on this topic is that in Vienna, I asked the
	DHCPv6-lite question in a several different forms,
	including:

	(i).	In what way is DHCPv6-lite insufficient?

	(ii).	Why not DHCPv6-lite?

	Neither was ever really answered, either during our
	meeting or subsequently. One can also do a functional and
	deployment analysis and arrive at the same (unanswered)
	question(s).

	Dave