To: matthew.ford@bt.com
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Bob Hinden <bob.hinden@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:31:47 -0800
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: RE: How IPv6 host gets DNS address

Mat,

>FWIW I agree with Ralph and Jinmei here. I have not seen any sensible
>argument as to why DHCPv6 is not the solution here.

I think the question might be better stated as why does DHCPv6 have to be
the only solution to this problem.  It's clear that DHCPv6 is a
solution.  The debate seems to be can there be other solutions as well
(e.g., a Router Advertisement solution).  From what I see, there are a
significant number of people who would like to see other solutions in
addition to DHCPv6.

Bob