To: Rodney Thayer <rodney@tillerman.to>
Cc: keydist@cafax.se
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:19:18 -0500
Delivery-Date: Thu Dec 13 18:20:07 2001
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: hello!

At 11:47 AM -0500 12/13/01, Rodney Thayer wrote:
>So... I believe the topic here is what are the requirements for
>storing SSH keys in DNS.  Is that correct?

It is one of the topics.  The mission of this list (so far as I understand
it) is to determine to some level of detail the needs (I'll refrain from
requirements) of current applications with regards to public key exchange
between the application's elements.

SSH is one such application, it is the first that a few of us (from the DNS
world) examined as a candidate for keys in DNS.  Note that "us" above
refers to a bunch of us working on DNS Security Extensions.  This does not
necessarily mean that we are DNS-specific, although we (as in "us" above)
do historically have a DNS bias.

So, This is the place to post thoughts on SSH keys and DNS.

Because this is a new list, and there is hope that it will be announced
more widely at some point (and hopefully archived!) I will delay (a week or
so) starting a thread on the mission of this list.

PS - Although this is getting ahead of the topic, I can see this list
heading towards a BOF at the next IETF, meaning that we need to think
charter too.  But first roaming discussions are good as they will help us
see what the bounds are.  (But, as always, spam is not welcome!)

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list