To: "'EPP Provreg'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Ulrich Wisser <liste@publisher.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:30:17 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Presentation on EPP present and future

Hello,

EPP is in fact *very* extensible. The problem (in my opinion) is that
most registry are really new to EPP when they start to develop an EPP
server. At that point it is very easy to get lost in an extension
frenzy. And once the whole server is build around the new schema it
almost impossible to revert to standard schema.

Then there is the part that EPP does not support business objects. There
are no accounts, no registrar objects, no billing data, ...

EPP has no way of specifying registry rules, e.g. max. number of ns per
domain, ...

The nice thing about all the extensions in the wild is, that we are now
seeing real world business needs for EPP. We could try to filter out a
common set of extensions needs and create one or more new standard
extensions.

I can see a bunch of work for a WG here.

/Ulrich

--
Help building the worlds most comprehensive list of judo dojos.
Put your dojo on the list at http://JudoWorldMap.com