To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
CC: "'WG-DNS'" <wg-dns@fccn.pt>
From: Eduardo Duarte <eduardo.duarte@fccn.pt>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:08:55 +0000
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: off-list was Re: [ietf-provreg] Revision of 4310

Hello,

First of all sorry not to have contributed yesterday but I had no time
to read all the emails... :(

Well when I was thinking of this flag I was thinking that it would mean
if the key is publish in the parent zone and I was not thinking to much
on the create/update commands but more on the info... :P
On our work model a domain can have more then one key associated with
domain and they can be in a active or inactive state where active means
publish or unpublished  in the parent zone.
When adding a key I dont see the problem of it becoming automatically
publish in the parent zone and the old key to be unpublished as soon at
is expire or remove.  But lets say the owner of the domain keep just
adding keys! After a while if in the info command you send back all the
keys associated with the domain you will not have a good hint of wich
ones are publish... Or if a domain change onwer also will be a bit
difficult to understand witch of the keys are publish without consulting
directly the DNS server...
Also you can say for me to send on the info command just the active key,
but then I will be not sending all the associated data with the domain...
So to cover this ground of sending all the data back and the state of
the DS I proposed the active/inactive flag, that I supposed that is
backwards compatible.

I know that some other registries use this model for managing the client
keys and that was why I asked if this was already been discussed...

Best regards,

Eduardo Duarte