To: Eduardo Duarte <eduardo.duarte@fccn.pt>, EPP Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
CC: WG-DNS <wg-dns@fccn.pt>
From: James Gould <jgould@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:47:27 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: off-list was Re: [ietf-provreg] Revision of 4310

Title: Re: off-list was Re: [ietf-provreg] Revision of 4310
Eduardo,

I’m getting a little bit confused with the request.  Can you describe the use case step-by-step on the usage of the active flag?  The current RFC and draft assumes that the server publishes the DS as soon as possible after receiving it from the client, where it would be considered active (with some delay to propagate) from a provisioning perspective.  Is there additional server-side logic that I’m not aware of?

Thanks,

--

JG

James F. Gould
Principal Software Engineer
VeriSign Naming Services
jgould@verisign.com
Direct: 703.948.3271
Mobile: 703.628.7063

21345 Ridgetop Circle
LS2-2-1
Dulles, VA 20166

Notice to Recipient:
This e-mail contains confidential, proprietary and/or Registry  Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient and, thus may not be  retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the prior written consent of  VeriSign Naming and Directory Services.  If you have received  this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by  telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original message without making a  copy.  Thank you.