To: Eugenio Pinto <eugenio.pinto@fccn.pt>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:37:31 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] Re: EPP over HTTP or simple TCP?

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 12:12:29PM +0000,
 Eugenio Pinto <eugenio.pinto@fccn.pt> wrote
 a message of 68 lines which said:

> Have you implemented the TCP approach?

No, but I love to write on mailing lists :-)

> If so, did you implement a TCP server from scratch or you used the
> source code from a server like Tomcat?

There are implementations using Apache modules:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/aepps
http://fred.nic.cz/

> implements the XML schema validation on
> the received messages.

I would be interested to know how many registrars send invalid
EPP. Most EPP servers I've seen, like OpenReg, do not implement a real
validation and sometimes have big XML errors (like the ".eu" EPP
server where the namespace prefixes were hardwired).

> I think I can use this code to develop a generic JAVA Interface that
> will be in conformance with the core EPP protocol specifications and can
> be used for any EPP server implementation just by extending it's methods.
>
> Is this interesting for you?

I do not like Java but other people may certainly be interested.

Home | Date list | Subject list