To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Eugenio Pinto <eugenio.pinto@fccn.pt>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:45:43 +0000
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] EPP over HTTP or simple TCP?

Hi all!

I am implementing persistent connections to my EPP server and I would
like to ask you how did you achieve this.

 - A way is to send EPP messages in the body of HTTP requests and manage
HTTP requests with standard code.

 - Another solution, with less overhead, is to send EPP messages
directly in the TCP stream and add some "end-code" characters to the end
of the message in order for the server to recognize each EPP message and
maybe send it to a worker thread.

The HTTP approach is simple: we just need to use Tomcat (for example)
and a servet.

Have you implemented the TCP approach? If so, did you implement a TCP
server from scratch or you used the source code from a server like Tomcat?

Best Regards,
Eugenio

Home | Date list | Subject list