To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:12:14 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: lastVerified: optional vs. extension

Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:

> That message doesn't mention the bulk update issue at all, though
> in the thread that follows other folks note some issues with how the model
> makes it difficult to maintain consistent data views across all involved
> parties.

If anyone who has understood this model is unable to imagine how consistency is
maintained should feel free to contact me off the list. As I said earlier, I
don't think it make sense to discuss this any further here on the list.

> I think Jordyn summed up the situation quite nicely with the last
> sentence of this message:
>
> http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-08/msg00119.html
>
> "There are reasonable arguments on both sides of this debate, and no
> fool-proof solution has been presented that solves all of the issues
> raised."

Yes, let us close with this beautiful sentence having this nearly non-sensible
whiff of "get lost, we've already made our decisions", which I complied with then.

> I'm done.
>
> -Scott-

So am I.

regards,

Klaus

      |       |
      | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                           Technologiepark
                                         Martin-Schmeißer-Weg 9
      Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
      Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

Home | Date list | Subject list