To: "'Klaus Malorny'" <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:15:24 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: lastVerified: optional vs. extension

> > Sorry, but I don't remember you suggesting anything other
> than the .de
> > model, and I don't recall you ever addressing how that
> model deals with bulk
> > updates efficiently.  If you did, would you please point me
> to your proposal
> > in the list archives?
> >

> for example:
>    http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-08/msg00018.html

Thanks for refreshing my memory -- I was a bit confused between the .de
model and the minor differences you pointed out at the bottom of your
message.  That message doesn't mention the bulk update issue at all, though
in the thread that follows other folks note some issues with how the model
makes it difficult to maintain consistent data views across all involved
parties.  I think Jordyn summed up the situation quite nicely with the last
sentence of this message:

http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2001-08/msg00119.html

"There are reasonable arguments on both sides of this debate, and no
fool-proof solution has been presented that solves all of the issues
raised."

I'm done.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list