To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
cc: "'Edward Lewis'" <edlewis@arin.net>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, <jaap@sidn.nl>
From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:32:55 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: milestones, was Re: a week later...

> Given that SOAP is still evolving, putting this on the experimental track
> might make sense if there's really sufficient implementation interest.

I'd go one step further... an individual submission is ok too.

I wouldn't be sad to see this group go into hybernation or declare success
and close. I hope the mailing list would continue but let the IETF work
finish.

I will implement a EPP over SOAP+HTTPS should someone draft something
up. I'm all for interopability but if there is just two folks looking at
running this stuff I don't see the need to task the wg with the burdon of
a standards track document.

let the SOAP draft be an individual submission of an experemental
protocol.

best,

-rick

Home | Date list | Subject list