To: "'Edward Lewis'" <edlewis@arin.net>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: jaap@sidn.nl
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:21:14 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: milestones, was Re: a week later...

> (I admit that I don't have a list of the implementers handy, so I'll
> call out names of the ones I can think of: Scott, Bruce, Dan,
> Michael, Jordyn, as well as Hong and Rick - what do you guys think?)

I know that some of the VeriSign software developers are interested in SOAP
because tools are easy to find and allegedly easy to use.  I personally have
concerns from a performance perspective about adding additional XML and HTTP
layers, but I'll concede that there are probably environments in which ease
of development might outweigh performance.

Given that SOAP is still evolving, putting this on the experimental track
might make sense if there's really sufficient implementation interest.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list