To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Gould, James" <JGould@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:39:42 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: More Private Comments

Scott,

I have no problem with items 1 and 2, but item 3 "no "content length: "
header in TCP transport.", I have a different proposal.  If there is a
desire to use a packet header, as an implementer I would find it more
efficient and simpler to use a network header that only includes the length
of the packet as a network byte order, four byte, unsigned integer.  By
using the network header, the packets will be framed and the framing can be
done without having to do string comparisons.

Jim

Home | Date list | Subject list