To: "'Daniel Manley'" <dmanley@tucows.com>
Cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:17:18 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: More Private Comments

I don't believe we could come up with a definitive set of types, though it
might be possible to say that the value of the "type" attribute is a
combination of the EPP command that caused the message and the namespace of
the object that was involved.  That means it won't be something that can be
validated by the XML parser, but it might still be useful.

> Also, I was wondering if poll in the EPP documents (this would also
> apply to futur push implementations, if any) should be
> further defined
> like this:
>
> "An EPP server MUST generate queued messages or notifications to the
> registrar if an object owned by the registrar is affected or changed
> without the registrar's invovlement."  (or something of the sorts)

OK, I could add text to the <poll> description to get that message across.
I don't think we can use words like "registrar" or "owned", but I understand
the intent of the suggestion.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list