To: Olafur Osvaldsson <oli@isnic.is>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Patrick <patrick@gandi.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:52:08 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Open Source implementations

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 12:37:19PM +0000, Olafur Osvaldsson took time to write:
> Hi,
> Sorry if I'm off topic.
>
> Do any of you know if someone is developing a open-source registry-side
> software based on the current drafts?

We (Gandi) plan to do so.
We have already an architecture in place we are using to interface
ourselves in a Registry- and protocol- independant fashion, and we
support for now RRP and EPP (Neulevel and Afilias-lingo, from straight
version 4 of the drafts), which we plan to release as free software
in the future if all goes well.
This means that we have as Perl modules in OO fashion the RRP and EPP
protocols defined and available.

On that we plan to build Registry software. No ETA yet.

Regards,
Patrick Mevzek
Gandi.

Home | Date list | Subject list