To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com, jaap@sidn.nl
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:11:49 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: preparing for Salt Lake City (part 1)

Even with this issue (which should be presented on the list first anyway),
and a WG status report, I can't think of more than an hour's worth of
material.  I think it is time to get some implementation feedback being
that we've moved into the phase of registries adopting EPP.  It might be
reasonable to have some discussion on the container draft as it is the
least mature.

1) Will we want to discuss the opt-in schema?
2) Are there implementors that are willing to present commentary on the
specifications?

Other than that there is the always persent desire to add enhancements, but
it is way to early to begin on that.  I'd like to wait until we have at
least sent the documents to the IESG.

I'd like to hear comments on this as the IETF planning clock is ticking.
If we can shrink to an hour, we might have a better chance at getting a
multicast session.  (I'm guessing, I haven't asked yet.  I will inquire in
my next outgoing message.  I promise.)

At 8:49 AM -0400 10/23/01, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
>We have an open issue ("opt-in" schema, recently raised by Paul Kane [1])
>awaiting a proposal for continued discussion.  We may need discussion time
>if a proposal is available before the meeting.
>
>Paul/Pindar: Have you made any progress in putting together a proposal?
>Will it be available in time to start a discussion on the list, and maybe
>talk about it in Salt Lake City?

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

You fly too often when ... the airport taxi is on speed-dial.

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list