To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Patrick <patrick@gandi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:32:28 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: <check> Response Attribute

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 11:24:17AM -0400, Daniel Manley took time to write:
> >In such a case the Registry should return :
> >2307 "Unimplemented object service"
> >This response code MUST be returned when a server receives a command
> >to operate on an object service that is not supported by the server.
>
> But doesn't that response mean that the <domain:check> command is not
> implemented?

No. For that case you have :
2101    "Unimplemented command"
This response code MUST be returned when a server receives a valid
EPP command element that is not implemented by the server.

> I think 2306 "Parameter value policy error" should be returned.

Yes, you are probably right.

> But what if at least one domain in the check domain list was valid.

See explanation of 2306 :
This response code MUST be returned when a server receives a command
containing a parameter value ...
           ^

It matches the case you describe.

I do not find so hard for a client, in such a case, to do its query
again one object by one object to see which one was wrong.
Or to rely on the fact that a <msg> item was given in the 2306 error
code with the exact object that created this error condition.

Patrick.

Home | Date list | Subject list