To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Patrick <patrick@gandi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:45:12 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: <check> Response Attribute

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 09:56:26AM -0400, Daniel Manley took time to write:
> With Versign's com/net/org RRP registry, doing a check on "dan.ca"
> returns the message "Invalid Attribute Value".  So not only is it
> telling me that "dan.ca" is not available, but that the domain name is
> invalid.  EPP's <check> command can't do this because the command is
> designed in such a way to check more than one object at once and give
> +/- flags for each.  The response code reports the overall success of
> the command.  I would imagine that most EPP registries would say that a
> domain in the wrong TLD is not known to the registry (semantics of "not
> known" vs. "not available [from this registry]").

In such a case the Registry should return :
2307 "Unimplemented object service"
This response code MUST be returned when a server receives a command
to operate on an object service that is not supported by the server.

Without any resData of course.
In the <result>, a <msg> item can tell which object was invalid.

Patrick.

Home | Date list | Subject list