To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:02:10 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Billing information and EPP/GRRP-REQ

Hi together,
hi Scott,

while digging more and more into Afilias' and NeuLevel's documents (as far as
they exist ;-), I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to include
billing information in EPP responses resp. include a requirement in the
GRRP-REQ document to provide such a feature. Yes, I know that the pricing of
certain actions is a registry policy, of course. Nevertheless or especially
for that reason it could be a good idea to have a common reporting mechanism:
Since a registry might introduce several grace periods (like NSI/Verisign does
with newly registered domains/renewed domains), in certain situations it may
not be quite clear to the registrar whether such a grace period applies or
not. So for  near-registration-time accounting, it may be good if some
information is included (I could detail this). This information should not
make monthly reports obsolete, but could complement these.

Klaus Malorny

     |       |
     | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                           Technologiepark
                                        Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
     Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
     Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

Home | Date list | Subject list