To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:40:45 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Versioning

Major-minor-patch might be a bit much for specification identifiers because
I can't see patches requiring specification changes.  A major-minor revision
number (such as -1.0) could be used for both standards track progression
changes and future versioning needs, though.  Which version number gets
changed could well be a WG decision based on the scope of needed changes.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list