To: "'Klaus Malorny'" <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:27:14 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Poll response data

[snip]

>you are right, but this was just a suggestion (I want to make constructive
>comments ;-). I don't mind if you reduce the content to the absolute
minimum.
>It would of course be enough if it would be like the result of the poll
>request in the example on page 24 of draft-ietf-provreg-epp-03. But please
add
>this as a requirement. To me it's a kind of horror vision to see transfer
>notifications transmitted outside of the protocol (worst is per e-mail),
>albeit the EPP already contains the whole functionality for it. Making it
to a
>requirement will ensure that EPP is used for this purpose.

After thinking about this for a bit, I like Klaus' idea of returning more
transfer detail in the <poll> response.  Doing so will help reduce the need
to do an immediate <transfer> query right after receiving a message to
obtain the details of a pending transfer.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list