To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Peter Eisenhauer <eisenhauer@schlund.de>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 15:49:09 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Nameserver MUST HAVE IP

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 12:55:59PM -0400, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> [...]

Following the discussion I would say it has been shown that is is possible to
run a registry without the strict requirement of registration with ip
addresses for all name servers (in the registry TLD).

So that appears to be a very good reason to change the "MUST".

Maybe then there should be an addition like "registry must require all
nameserver ip information to enable a healthy DNS system, at least glue records
with are absolutely needed"?

Best Regards,
Peter Eisenhauer

--
Peter Eisenhauer                        Schlund + Partner AG
Erbprinzenstrasse 4-12                  Tel: 0721/91374-0

Home | Date list | Subject list