To: "'Peter Eisenhauer'" <eisenhauer@schlund.de>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:55:59 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Nameserver MUST HAVE IP

After playing around with some NS and A records I understand what Peter is
saying, and he has a point -- the addresses aren't required in the TLD zone,
and some name server software packages may either drop the extraneous glue
records or refuse to load the zone if they exist.  This does appear to be a
good reason to change the "MUST" to a "SHOULD" as originally suggested.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list