To: Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>
cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 22:32:27 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Nameserver MUST HAVE IP

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> But, what about these two zones:
>
> $ORIGIN foo.com.
> foo.com. IN NS ns.bar.se.
>
> $ORIGIN bar.se.
> bar.se. IN NS ns.foo.com.
>
>   ;-)
>
> I have never seen this in real life, but it is possible at least
> theoretically...
>
> I really would like to know about a real example, if anyone have one.

I've seen that in real life! One was an SE domain and the other one was a
NU domain. Both domain had the same two nameservers, but for the SE domain
they used NU names, and vice versa. I talked to the holder, I he said that
he thought he was smart...

We cannot prevent that from happening by allowing non-strict glue.

Mats

Mats Dufberg                                     +46-8-545 857 06
dufberg@nic-se.se                           fax: +46-8-545 857 29

Home | Date list | Subject list