To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:10:36 -0700
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Nameserver MUST HAVE IP

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 02:45:49PM -0400, Jordyn A. Buchanan wrote:
> ...and this complies completely with the existing requirement.
>
> But I'll stop trying to argue this point.  If people want to do allow
> names in their registry to become unresolvable, I guess it's none of
> my business.

The requirement does not prevent names from becoming unresolvable --
there are lots of other ways that can happen, and arguably, the
increased churn in the address data leads to more misconfigurations than
it prevents.  It's hard to say.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be