To: "Christopher Ambler" <cambler-ietf@iodesign.com>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@register.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:45:49 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Nameserver MUST HAVE IP

At 11:25 AM -0700 4/6/01, Christopher Ambler wrote:
>  > I never understand the sense of the NSI requirements and the need for host
>>  handles. In Germany, we have more then 4,000,000 DE-domains, we only
>>  require the IP of the DNS, if the DNS is in the domain (eg. DNS
>>  "ns3.knipp.de" is responsible for the domain "knipp.de").
>
>We take it a bit further for .Web, and require them when the name servers
>are in any other .Web domain, since we'd rather be careful and avoid loops.
>Sure, it could be resolved at build time, but we're lazy :-)

...and this complies completely with the existing requirement.

But I'll stop trying to argue this point.  If people want to do allow
names in their registry to become unresolvable, I guess it's none of
my business.

Jordyn

--
Jordyn A. Buchanan            jordyn@register.com
Futurist                      +1.212.798.9262

Home | Date list | Subject list