To: Bill Manning <bmanning@isi.edu>
Cc: "Brian W. Spolarich" <briansp@walid.com>, Patrik Fdltstrvm <paf@cisco.com>, Hollenbeck Scott <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: George Belotsky <george@register.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:32:25 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Unique handle generation

An FQDN is just what you are trying to register (e.g. 'myname.ca').

The other items are there to ensure uniqueness.  It is irrelevant
if a registrar goes out of business -- unless someone takes their
exact identifier.

The timestamp could be supplied in the whois information, so
you would not have to remember it.

George.

--
George Belotsky