To: "'Olivier Guillard'" <Olivier.Guillard@nic.fr>
Cc: Ietf-Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:21:53 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Security vs. Authorization

I don't think this is an issue for a protocol used between registry and
registrar.  It sounds like more of a business or contractual issue between
registrar and registrant.

> What happen if the registrar declare himself has the registrant?

Again, I don't think this is an issue for a protocol used between registry
and registrar and is instead a business or contractual issue between
registrar and registrant.

> Are you sure that the registrar is the only one entitle do
> performe any
> change?

There should be only one registrar authorized to change an object, but they
should do so either on behalf of a registrant or pursuant to whatever legal
arrangement exists between registrar and registrant.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list