To: bill <bmanning@karoshi.com>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@nominum.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:33:54 -0600
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNS discovery

On Nov 12, 2003, at 9:50 AM, bill wrote:
> Thanks to Richard, source address selection is well understood.
> 	just merge the DNS list and we are done... yes?

That would mean writing an additional standard and getting it through
to RFC.   I don't think we want to do that.   Certainly an agreeable
majority of the folks who ventured an opinion at the meeting yesterday
did not want this.

My personal vote, for what it's worth, is to use DHCPv6-lite, because I
don't like the idea of putting DNS info into a routing protocol.   It's
the old camel's nose under the tent problem - what are you going to add
next?   I don't mention this to start a debate - I know people who are
pushing RA as the solution have good reasons - my point is merely that
I also have good reasons, of which the one I've mentioned is actually
only one of several.