To: <itojun@iijlab.net>
Cc: "DNSOP WG" <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: "Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <paul@etri.re.kr>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 00:49:40 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNS discovery

----- Original Message -----
From: <itojun@iijlab.net>
> i guess mobile-ip people (who favors RA-based
> approach) objected because they felt that they will be forced to run
> dhcpv6-lite.  that is not true.
>
> given that, my proposal is to pick dhcpv6-lite as the default mechanism
> to be used.  with reading the previous paragraph, could those who
> favors RA-based approach hum for dhcpv6-lite?
>
> itojun

As you saw at this meeting, lots of people really want RA-approach.
In the aspect of the number of messages exchanged, RA-approach is
superior to DHCP-lite, especially in mobile environment.
Of course, I agree that DHCP-lite is useful in many cases.

My proposal is to adopt both RA-approach and DHCP-lite
as in the case of Prefix Delegation.
Could those who insist only on DHCP-lite hum for the coexistence of these two mechanisms?

/Jaehoon