To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: SHIRASAKI Yasuhiro <yasuhiro@nttv6.jp>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:33:51 +0900 (JST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Sense of the WG on DNS discovery

DHCPv6-full (for host) and DHCPv6-PD (for CPE) has timers such as T1,
T2, and lifetimes, so clients poll their servers periodically and
could realize a DNS recursive name server renumbering as a "side effect".

Because DHCPv6-lite and DNS Recursive Name Server option has no timer,
once a client configured its address with RA and knew a DNS recursive
name server address with DHCPv6-lite, a chance for the client to
realize a renumbering might be its reboot.

--
SHIRASAKI Yasuhiro @ NTT Communications
t: +81-3-6800-3262, f: +81-3-5365-2990