To: Tim Chown <tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Ralph Droms <rdroms@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:41:25 -0400
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: draft vienna minutes (sorry about the delay)

Tim, what do you mean by "work either way"?  There's no additional
configuration work required for DHCPv6 - any protocol, whether it's RAs or
DHCPv6 or ???, that passes the addresses of DNS servers to hosts must be
configured with those addresses.  If the DHCPv6 server is in a router, it
can be configured along with all of the other router configuration
parameters, which is how we configure the DHCPv6 server in IOS.

There's no protocol development work required for DHCPv6 forwarding.
RFC3315 defines how DHCPv6 messages are forwarded by DHCPv6 relay agents.

- Ralph