To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: "J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@club-internet.fr>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:53:36 +0100
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Why one port?

Truly, why not to define a DNS.2 system on another set of ports, performing
DNS+ services?
With resolvers.2 to query them. There would be nothing to change. Just
value added. There should only be a program to co-produce the DNS1&2 files.
Who wants implement them.

The interest is that these two DNS parallel systems would be asynchronously
managed. So they could immediately permit to check the validity of a
response in one by the other. Since 2 would not be in real operations, it
could be considered as a test. But in starting with common services with
low additional CPU and complexity, DNS.2 could bring some immediate plus.
And produce good field test data.

However, I suppose the test could go very fast if DNS.2 "tested" the direct
support of Unicode names. Also if the user resolvers had their own root
file? I am ready to maintain a DNS wish list on dot-root, to see what could
be the suggestions? If they do not make sense we will see it quick,
otherwise it would give some ideas to chew.
jfc