To: <Amadeu@nominalia.com>, <andy@ccc.de>, <jcohen@shapirocohen.com>, <junsec@wide.ad.jp>, <karl@cavebear.com>, <lyman@acm.org>, <lynn@icann.org>, <mouhamet@next.sn>, <vinton.g.cerf@WCOM.COM>, <apisan@servidor.unam.mx>, Ólafur Guðmundsson <ogud@ogud.com>, "Bill Manning" <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
Cc: <yjpark@myepark.com>, "Ron Sherwood" <sherwood@islands.vi>, "Richard J. Sexton" <richard@vrx.net>, "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@ntlworld.com>, <ray@fassett.org>, <love@cptech.org>, <k@widgital.com>, "Judith Oppenheimer" <joppenheimer@icbtollfree.com>, "Joop Teernstra" <terastra@terabytz.co.nz>, "Joe Baptista" <baptista@dot-god.com>, "Joanna Lane" <jo-uk@rcn.com>, <jefsey@jefsey.com>, <hfeld@mediaaccess.org>, <hans.klein@pubpolicy.gatech.edu>, <eric@hi-tek.com>, "Ben Edelman" <edelman@law.harvard.edu>, "@quasar Internet Solutions, Inc." <shore@quasar.net>, <karl@cavebear.com>, <dnsop@cafax.se>, <johani@autonomica.se>, <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
From: "Jim Fleming" <JimFleming@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 22:53:37 -0500
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Interim signing of the root zone.

From: "Bill Manning" <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
"Folks that have serious commercial interests in a stable system will not be
amused when we start experimenting with the systems that they depend on.
======

The entire, "toy", 32-bit, experimental, proof-of-concept network is the perfect place to play.
Companies with a serious commercial interest have all of the labs and facilities they need to
fully test software and systems before they are deployed. The only amusement is that people
from the experimental networks take themselves so seriously. The commercial world does not.

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...IPv16 is even closer...
http://www.ietf.com
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://ipv8.dyndns.tv