To: kre@munnari.OZ.AU (Robert Elz)
Cc: bmanning@ISI.EDU (Bill Manning), ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com, ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:40:32 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: (ngtrans) Joint DNSEXT & NGTRANS summary

% a big enough fraction of sites to make it actually useful), sticking
% idn labels directly in the DNS (and having the app protocols deal with
% that), and using A6 rather than AAAA.
%
% The last we can choose to do now, it is still possible.  The others we
% could choose to do, but I doubt they'd ever actually work (idn just
% maybe, with enough pressure - as comparatively little actually cares,
% whatever the standards say).
%
%   |     Or am I reading too much into your statements?
%
% Perhaps.
%
% kre

	Ah... the light (well a light) is illuminated.
	We are in agreement save on two points:

		- the viablity of transition
		- the timeframe of transition

	Transition viability is debatable, the key point seems
	to be the window in which the transition occurs.
	You are arguing for a fairly short schedule and I think
	this can be streched out some

--
--bill

Home | Date list | Subject list