To: Patrik F?ltstr?m <paf@cisco.com>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Andrew Partan <post-dnsop@partan.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:07:48 -0500
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DoS and anycast

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 04:04:56PM +0100, Patrik F?ltstr?m wrote:
> Because of this, for every Y, there must be an X which know where all
> copies of Y is, so they can see/detect which one have wrong data -- and
> fix it. The organization X should even have a warning system which
> warns them when one of the copies of Y give wrong data / is out of sync.

I have to agree with Patrik.  If there isn't some organization that
knows how this thing is deployed and knows all of the otherwise
hidden stuff, then this just isn't going to work.  Its going to
break and you will not be able to figure out why.

I remember watching the aroot experiment and there was no real
method to finding out how & why something was busted.  Thins just
sometimes worked & sometimes didn't.
	--asp